I feel like writing some posts about CDI (Contexts and Dependency Injection). So this is the first one of a series of x posts (0<x<10). I will not go through the entire history of CDI (formerly called Web Beans, splitted in two JSRs… and so on), but will try to give you information on how to use it in different environments, explain you injection, context management, scoping, decorators and so on. So you can think of this series of posts as a humble step by step CDI tutorial. You can also read the very good documentation on the JBoss website (where I got some help and inspiration).
My written books
My online trainings
- Buzz Word Bingo 2015
- A Full CDI 1.1 Course on Pluralsight
- The Paris JUG President is leaving, long live the President!
- Micro Benchmarking with JMH: Measure, don’t guess!
- Generating Database Schemas with JPA 2.1
- There Is No “Cluster” in Java EE
- Run a JBoss Forge “Hands-on-Lab” at Your Local User Group
- The Uncensored Java EE 7 Book
- I Would Like Better AppServer Support in Intellij IDEA
- Your tests assume that JBoss is up and running
- Finally Java EE has a Decent Visual
- Switching Datasource with CDI Alternatives and Stereotypes
- JBoss Forge in Action… and in French
- On-line Java EE 7 Courses at PluralSight
- Java EE 7 and JBoss Forge in Lille (FR) and London (UK)
- Java EE 7 JavaDoc on Dash
- “Oh Lord, won’t you buy me a Mercedes Benz” (or RIP GlassFish)
- Several Architectural Styles with Java EE 7
- Speaking at JavaOne 2013
- Java EE 8 Whislist
- Monster Component in Java EE 7
- Java EE 7 Deployment Descriptors
- Books I’ve Written
- Beginning Java EE 7… Book Arrived !
- Sony Your Business Is Going Down… Is It a Reason To Play With Women ?
- Test your JAX-RS 2.0 Web Service URIs… Without Mocks
- Let’s Turn Integration Tests with Maven to a First-Class Citizen
- I’ve been awarded one of 100th people who will move IT forward in France for 2013
- Launching The NoMock Movement
- So now I am a NightHacker ;o)
- No, you don’t need to mock your SOAP Web Service to test it
- I need you for Logging API Spec Lead !
- Yet Another Petstore !
- How to get the JPQL/SQL String From a CriteriaQuery in JPA ?
- WYTIWYR : What You Test Is What You Run
- O Java EE 6 Application Servers, Where Art Thou?
- Injection with CDI (Part III)
- Walking through the Java EE 6 implementation maze
- [Debate] – And what about configuration in Java EE 7 ?
- To inject or not to inject: CDI is the question
- Injection with CDI (Part II)
- A week in central Europe… with CDI
- Formation Java EE 6 en juin à Paris
- Injection with CDI (Part I)
- Java EE 7 – I have a (few) dream(s)
- Adding CDI to an existing Java EE 6 application
- Bootstrapping CDI in several environments
- Séance de dédicace groupée
- I don’t know anything about Silverlight nor .Net
- app server Architecture arquillian bean validation book cdi champion conference derby eclipse eclipselink ejb forge geronimo glassfish groovy hibernate idea intellij interview javaee Java EE java ee 6 javaee7 java ee 7 java ee 8 jax-rs jboss jcp jetty jeus jmh jonas jpa jpa 2.0 jpa 2.1 jsr jug logging maven mooc netbeans news nomock openjpa performance petstore philosophy pluralsight resin servlet siwpas soap spring talk testing tomcat tomee training was weblogic websphere